So, after so much dilly dallying on my part, I finally decided to travel on Sunday but then, I had to put up one last show of my genius; I had to confuse "Village People" by announcing that I'd travel on Saturday... My journey was largely uneventful majorly because I was travelling in a bus that had a more than fair share of nursing mothers strutting their respective breasts in a bid to feed their always hungry babies: this of course lacked the capability of interesting me. Well, things took a twist in my rather boring journey as men of the Nigerian Police Force stopped our bus to carry out a thorough check probably because we looked suspicious (I'm guessing this suspicion was stroked by the fact that my eyes were as red as whatever you can imagine as a result of my "highness" and because I wore a black face cap, a black top and a black trousers). I was searched and fortunately for me, I decided to leave my kitchen knife in school, and I had run out of su...
Apologies to Mr Peter Obi for using this catchy but thought provoking phrase that he used the very first time he contested for the Governorship of Anambra State. Apparently, that question he asked over ten years ago still hangs over not just his Anambra State but Nigeria as a whole. On a Night like this, 56 years ago, there was probably a sickening nostalgia all over the then British Colony which would later become the Country, Nigeria about the endless possibilities that accompany Independence, especially in a Country that is as endowed as ours. Well, Tomorrow will be exactly 56 years since Nigeria attained independent status from Great Britain. At Independence, our founding fathers such as Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello and Obafemi Awolowo had such lofty goals and dreams for our progress, prosperity: they conceived a Nigeria that would maximize her enormous human capital resources: A Nigeria that would truly cater for the hopes and aspirations of her diverse peoples: A Nigeria that...
I wasn't always like this... Or maybe, I think I wasn't always like this. My earliest memories portray me as someone who was not like me; someone who was more caring and more interested in people. But then again, maybe, I'm making up those memories. Maybe, I have always been strict, unconcerned, and uninterested in people. I think I used to enjoy conversations with people or maybe, I have always been a loner. Maybe, the times I "enjoyed" being with people and having conversations with them, I was faking it. I think I've changed! Or maybe, I was always like this. Yesterday, she called me and gave me the longest lecture since my Law of Trusts lecturerer's last class of last semester. She talked about how I didn't care about anyone again and how stiff my heart had become towards people. But I don't think that's true. I think I'm only looking out for myself and those I care about. And sometimes, I have thought to be Mother Teresa a...
Comments
Post a Comment