Open Letter to President.

An Open letter to President Buhari:





My Dear President,
Ever since the beginning of the year, I've wanted to write something to you.
I don't even know if you will read it but my hope is hinged on the fact that our Oga, Obj once wrote an open letter and it granted him the much needed attention and relevance.
Let me start by saying that I am without a doubt, your most passionate supporter among my peers, at least; I've supported you since 2003 when I was only 8 years old; In fact, my support for you and everything you stand for has gotten me not a few negative comments from my extended family, 'friends' and even Church members.
It is in view of my long affiliation with your personality and ideologies that I feel strongly that I have actually earned the privilege to communicate to you.
Mr President, I feel without any prejudice that you are the last hope of this country, and I feel that if God Forbid, you fail to deliver, Nigeria will remain perpetually in your words, 'a land of potentials and nothing else'.
Having come this far by way of introduction, I wish to identify a few areas where I feel much more effort should be targeted at by your administration.
First, Let me comment on what will turn out to be the most important feat of your administration if you succeed in it; THE ANTI CORRUPTION WAR.
Mr President, Nigeria is such a big mess; this country is filthy, not with dirt but with Corruption in unimaginable proportions; there are just too many thieves, big and small and I wish to state that you must pursue this war to a reasonable conclusion.
The War against Corruption is one that you must not lose no matter whose head has to roll.
Most specifically, I must say that if nothing by way of conviction comes out of all the efforts the EFCC is making, this Government would have failed in it's most important promise.
Nigerians will not forgive you if Dasuki gate comes to nothing; Your Government will lose it's respect and integrity if Saraki'S matter is not pursued to a reasonable conclusion.
Furthermore, I wish to state clearly that you should remove fuel subsidy.
Like you rightly said, you don't understand the rational for the whole concept of Fuel Subsidy.
As you already know, the whole Subsidy thing is a fraud and Nigerians know that.
I hear that Organized Labour is preparing for a showdown over the plan to remove fuel subsidy but Mr President, let me say categorically that anyone who is against this removal is an enemy of the country and is either not learned or one of those shameless ambassadors of poverty who are beneficiaries of Santa Dasuki 's uncommon benevolence.
The last time during the tenure of your predecessor, Nigerians resisted the attempt to remove fuel subsidy, not because we didn't understand the need to remove subsidy as it were.
We resisted that attempt because of the reputation of that Government; we all knew that whatever benefits realized from that venture would end up in the pockets of a few he goats.
Now, we have you; A President that listens; a President who would not hesitate to cut off sticky, kleptomaniac finger.
Before I raise my hand from my keyboard, I must draw your attention to the state of Federal Roads in the South East of Nigeria where I come from.
My dear President, please and please you must realize that in Nigeria today, Bad roads were an eastern face.
Our roads are terrible; from Abakaliki-Enugu Express way to Enugu-Awka Express way to Awka-Onitsha express way and so many others I do not know of.
The claim of marginalization and subsequent quest for secession by some of my highly disgraceful brothers only receives it's validity from the state of infrastructural decay in the South East.
Mr President, I want to appeal to you on behalf of my Brothers in the South East to declare a state of Emergency on the state of our Federal roads and see to it that work commences on these roads before the end of the first quarter of this year.
Something else came to my mind while I was on my previous point; Mr President, I wish to suggest that since your Government has austerity and blocking of leakages as it's watchword, you should consider cutting costs and I feel you should reduce the number of planes on our Presidential fleets as you can testify that you don't need all those 'things'.
I feel that rather than having a Presidential fleet, you should lead by Example by flying commercial airlines.
I believe it doesn't hurt, and I hear your Friend, David Cameron flies commercial  too.
This brings me to another urgent need, and I want to start by asking how you feel anytime you see that 'Ethiopian Airlines' advert on CNN.
Don't you think it's time we resuscitated the moribund 'Nigerian Airlines'?
On a Final note, having made these pertinent suggestions, I wish to conclude with my opening statement; "You are our last hope and if you fail, Nigeria fails".
You have to address some of these needs so that those of us who supported you can be proud enough  to say that "those who hate Nigeria can have their say but that we will always have our way".
YOU MUST NOT LET THE WAILING WAILERS HAVE THE LAST LAUGH.
'Clinton 'Klint' Elochukwu. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Article About Nothing.

Nigeria at 56: are we cursed or are we the cause?

AHEAD OF SATURDAY: WHO DID WE OFFEND?