I won't pressure Myself, Ighalo




Red hot Watford forward Odion Ighalo is refusing to set a goal target for himself this season.
The Super Eagles striker has already scored 12 Premier League goals in 17 appearances, including a brace in the Hornets’ 3-0 humiliation of Liverpool at Vicarage Road on Sunday.
Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy currently tops the Premier League scoring charts with 15 goals. The 28-year-old Englishman’s Blue Army’s Algerian teammate Riyad Mahrez and Everton’s Romelu Lukaku have struck 13 times each to occupy the second and third place respectively.
Ighalo is fourth on the log followed by Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud in the fifth place.
Former Italy and Spain-based Ighalo, who has hit the back of the net twice for Nigeria this year, has been earning rave reviews from the British media for embarrassing highly rated Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho with his trademark ‘chop’ move on Sunday.
“The fans are crazy about something like that,” the 26-year-old former Granada star told Mailonline.
“I just try to play my game and do it when it’s possible. If there is space to execute it, sometimes I get lucky and sometimes it doesn’t work, but it’s become a part of my game.”
He said he would keep working hard to help Watford retain their Premier League status, ruling out setting any target for himself.
“I give God all the glory for my goals and the victory,” the former Udinese player was quoted by Teamtalk as saying on Tuesday.
“Last season I never set a target and this season I haven’t either. I will never set myself a target as then I put pressure on myself. I want to keep going game by game.
“When the team wins a game that is the most important.”
Ighalo says Watford manager Quique Flores deserves credit for the team’s current run of good form in the English topflight, saying the former Real Madrid defender is one of the best coaches he has worked with.
“He is one of the best coaches I’ve worked with in terms of game plans and encouraging his players,”Teamtalk quoted the ex-Flying Eagles captain as saying.
“He is a very intelligent guy and deserves big credit for everything we are going through now.”
Meanwhile, Flores believes Watford are ready to fend off any January offers for Ighalo.
“I think Ighalo is completely clever, he chose five months ago the option to stay here with Watford. He chose to stay here because he imagined something special for him,” the Spaniard said.
source: punchng.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Article About Nothing.

Nigeria at 56: are we cursed or are we the cause?

AHEAD OF SATURDAY: WHO DID WE OFFEND?