TOP TEN SONGS OF 2015

Its that time of the year when we look at the whole year and analyze what really rocked our boats...
This time around, the write up is on the songs that made us dance and reflect....and before anything is said, the list is highly subjective and indicative of my own personal views and preferences which of course, I intend to sell to thee.....

10.Right now remix ft Seyi Shay, Banky W and Iyanya:




If for nothing, the song made us realize the genius in Shay, and also made us realize that Iyanya could be an excellent singer when he wishes to...

9. Jagaban by Ycee:




"They tried to feed me beef but I told them wait for Ramadan"
How else can one describe this dude's meteoric rise?
2015 was certainly the year for this young star as within a twinkle of an eye, just a song catapulted him to musical relevance. 

8.Connect by Phyno:




This was by all standards, the best song coming out of Eastern Nigeria this year.....How else do I say this? I lost my voice singing to this banger....."akpa gi makwa mma n' I so na connect".

7. King Kong by Vector:





This list would be incomplete without Vector who in my opinion is the best Nigerian rapper....The song without a shadow of doubt completed Vector's comeback story in 2015.

6.Hotline Blings by Drake:



who else epitomizes consistency better than Drizzy?
Great song.

5.Mama I made it by Cassper Nyovest:




What a year it has been for this brilliant rapper!
As far as I'm concerned, Cassper has been Africa's Number One Rapper in the past one year, and "Mama I made it" has been the biggest song out of Africa, this year.

4.Tell your Friends by The Weekend:




A year ago, I didn't know of this dude but today, he is up there with the best, and "Tell your friends" is just my preferred song in his growing list.

3.Alright by Kendrick Lamar:



Currently, Grammy awards nominee, Kendrick Lamar is generally accepted as the Next big thing to happen to the Rap game since 2pac, and what a year it has been for him!
"Alright" raised hope and assured that "if God's got us, we gon be alright".

2.Classic Man by Jidenna ft Kendrick Lamar:



Just like The Weekend, just a few persons were aware of this dude a year ago but today, we all claim to be classic men because of him.
"Keep my gloves dirty but my hands clean"
And of course, he is Igbo....

1.Hello by Adele:


If this song wasn't number one, it wouldn't have been out of place to doubt my sanity....
Adele made those of us who weren't even dating to feel like we had suffered numerous heartbreaks with this song....
By all standards, this song alone took Adele back to her throne as the queen of pop music.

Comments

  1. Godwin by K Bello and lagos boys by Baddo ought to make the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....I don't like those songs...seriously

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Article About Nothing.

Nigeria at 56: are we cursed or are we the cause?

AHEAD OF SATURDAY: WHO DID WE OFFEND?