"Modelling boom": A moral perspective.

With all these sex tapes especially that of our purported upcoming celebrities just as it happened and still happening in Anambra now, I am moved to say a little.
For sometime now, I have not been a fan of  that thing; beauty contest A.K.A modeling. Yes I have not, in fact it disgusts me when a friend tells me she or he is going for beauty contest. To tell you the truth, I have never also been happy even if such person wins. These are my reservations visa viz that matter:
1. That thing is a very big poof, its not as real as they present it. Its when you are one way into it that you can understand the intricacies of its glowing adverts.

2. It is an unnatural sexual ritual, luring participants into it not having the full disclosure of its sexual routine (this is reliable from previous "PARTICIPANTS") it has been shown that each participant who did qualify for the final stage would and must have slept his or her way, yes his or her way(including natural and unnatural sexual relations). They, the organisers know the way of getting on to these young lads. These fellows gradually turn into homosexuals all in a bid to be one Mr this or Miss that. Stalking us with the video footage of their unhallowed sexual escapees

3. Mostly it is not productive, this is because the contestants ab initio have no clear knowledge of the pecuniary cost, halfway into it, they begin to understand that they have expended much more than two third of the prize. No, they cannot back out at that point, so they will do all they can(all it takes) to get to the final stage.

4. The winners are not known by how well they fared in the competition but how greasy they were to the organisers and their cohorts; too bad. In the same vein, the prize is not worth it at all. Technically there is a prize but such prizes are either fake or refurbished materials. In my Unizik days, I saw a Miss one thing Heritage like that pushing her prize car and asking guys around to help her get the car rolling just 3days after the event. Inside me I was ashamed on her behalf, that is beauty pageant for you.

5. The one important cleave of this thing is pride and unruly desire for fame. The fame isn't worth it at all.
The rate at which these people; celebrities go about their nudity is getting on my nerves:You know what I think?
I feel they should probably go back to the school they left for pageantry in order to get a lesson on what is private life and how they should be treated; that which they missed to learn

I am not to judge them on how they live their miserable lives and sexualities but what I am not happy about is hunting us with the video footages of gory sexual actions not suitable for our sight and which are way too bizarre and extreme to behold.
Some year ago Enwongo C. Cleopas succinctly wrote on this pageantry thing, I was younger but I read it that year and now I beg to adopt the thought as mine as well. Of course I really don't care if any one comes calling for my head the way most Nigerians did when Sylvanus Omoniyi wrote about Badmu's dress life.

By Anwu Emmanuel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Article About Nothing.

Nigeria at 56: are we cursed or are we the cause?

AHEAD OF SATURDAY: WHO DID WE OFFEND?